In the quest for vibrant, healthier skin naturally, adding superfoods to your meal plan would be a great place to start. Well-known superfruits that offer this value are Golgi, Aecia, and Noni. These are normally the fruits that come to mind when you hear of superfoods. But unfortunately, they can be difficult to find locally and are rather expensive. However, the good news is that you do not need to pay an arm or leg for expensive superfoods nor do you have to go through undue stress in searching for them. There are alternative options available.
Most of these foods are available at almost any store. After going through this article, it may shock you to learn that some of these foods are staring you in the face. The saying about how one can live healthier and stronger by incorporating more fruits, whole grains, and vegetables is really true and would be significant in improving our health on a global scale.
Why do nutritionists tag superfoods with so much importance? It is because they are helpful when treating any damage to the skin from within. All the nutrients that are extractable from these foods are put to usage in the body. The blood vessels then transfer the end product to the epidermis which is the outer of the two layers that make up the skin. This transportation improves the skin’s firmness by replacing the worn out cells.
Below is a list of the seven foods which boosts the body’s functioning by rejuvenating the skin from within.
(1) Berries – Berries are one of the known sources of flavonols. Flavones are a type of antioxidant that rids the body of toxic elements and free radicals. The Sea Buckthorn berry is also an inhold element that generates tissue and properties that improve the skin’s appearance and state of being.
(2) GreenTea – This anti-oxidant drink is one of the most effective sources for anti-aging and rejuvenation of the skin. The reduced amount of caffeine in green tea makes it helpful in ridding the skin of impurities and also acts as a sunscreen. Green tea also makes the skin glow.
(3) Salmon – For meat lovers, salmon is rich in omega-3 and selenium and is an accurate protein source. People who are not a fan of vegetables can include salmon in their meal. Taking in salmon three times a week as part of a healthy eating plan sets back the skin aging process.
(4) Avocados – Avocados are fruits that contain mono-saturated fats that reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood and aids in skin cell repair.They are, therefore, a bonus for people interested in putting aging at bay. It helps to regulate blood pressure and perfectly retains fluid in the body since they contain potassium.
(5) Apricots – Apricot oil is an essential element in maintaining the level of moisture in the skin and controlling its elasticity. Apricots are rich in vitamins B, C, and A. These vitamins naturally aid in clearing blackheads, restore damaged cells on the surface of the skin and removes blemishes.
(6) Watermelon – The sweet taste of watermelon can make you forget all its benefits.They contain anti-oxidants, vitamins, and citrulline. Watermelon improves your metabolism, detoxifies your body and maintains the body’s acid level while hydrating the skin. Rich in vitamin A, watermelon helps keep skin and hair moisturized, and it also encourages healthy growth of new collagen and elastin cells. Watermelon has a lot of health benefits and therefore, falls on so many good food charts.
(7) Almonds – Almonds can replace a sweet snack and give you many benefits an ordinary snack does not. They provide you with unsaturated fats of all kinds, which are healthy fats the body needs daily. Enriched with vitamin E makes this snack stand out the most. Vitamin E keeps the skin and hair healthy. For the best results, avoid almonds that are roasted or salted but rather eat them raw. Almonds should be part of snack in between meals to avoid eating junk or fast food, for they are known to keep hunger at bay.